This is me, your older version. When you will hold this letter you might wonder why have I written a letter to myself? You will find the answer as you read the future. I do believe , by now you are living the life that you always dreamt off. If you do so, no one would be as proud of you as me.
OK I will not prolong the wait, here is why I have written a letter to you. It’s because of the time that I am writing to you. Do you remember those two gruesome years of lockdown [2019-2021]. I do believe you do. The devastating year! The year which was not less than the apocalypse. Just mentioning those years brings back those flashes of pain, sufferings and helplessness. Although you were fortunate to survive that apocalyptic pandemic it still left a deep impression on you in a way it left you with some real life lessons.
As we all know, how volatile a human memory is. It is capable of storing the magnanimous events of life but always tends to overlook the minute information. I do hope you will agree to this and the real life lessons come under this category. You are not to be blamed for this coz over time new memories veil the older ones(Which is to an extent good for human survival.) but I don’t want you to forget them which is why this letter is in existence.
I really want you to remember that Pandemic [COVID-19] havoc on the world initiated in December -2019 and lasted till the year of 2021.
- I want you to remember the crisis that the entire world had to go through.
- I want you to remember how countries all across the world were forced to close their doors as a result of which they had to bear the brunt of a failing economy.
- I want you to remember the helplessness of humankind where we witnessed the horrifying scenes of mass human deaths and the non ritualistic way of the disposition of those dead bodies.
- I want you to remember the events which were way beyond our belief such as closure of various firms and institutes like school and the opening up of the digital platform, thus making you believe that there is always and always a ray of hope even in the darkest of the time. So never lose hope.
- I want you to remember that cruel, odd time that made us humans more compassionate and sensitive towards each other, especially towards elderly and homeless.
- I want you to remember, even in the gravest of the time a simple smile can be a source of happiness.
- I want you to remember, being kind is always a great weapon to fight against any form of cruel situations.
- I want you to remember, it’s good to care for others but it’s much better to value yourself and take care of your mental health first because then only you will be able to care for others.
- I want you to remember, no human or their profession is greater than the other. Each of them come with their own values and expertise so always pay respect and tribute to all of them.
- I want you to remember to observe things closely as there is always the other side of the story.
- I want you to remember that the happy times are the ones that we spend with our near and dear ones.
- I want you to remember to always keep exploring yourself and never limit yourself on the basis of what others think .
- I want you to remember, life is unpredictable as it has always been therefore remember to KEEP CALM, BREATHE, and GO WITH THE FLOW.
I do know you will thank me for writing this letter to you because this is an archive that I am leaving for you and it will remind you of your ability to face any situation with courage and kindness.
Yours old yet contemplative version,